Outdoor Concert and
Thursday, July 31, 6:00 pm
HOLLOW EARTH Event Information
Five National Appearances. Two Incredible Authors. One Epic Story.
Be a part of one in five U.S. signings by brother-sister team
of BBC’s Torchwood
CAROLE E. BARROWMAN
Professor and Director of Creative Studies in Writing at Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI
on tour for the U.S. release of their novel
(available October 30th)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 6:00 pm
This is a ticketed event. You must pre-purchase at least one copy of HOLLOW EARTH to receive a ticket. Each ticket admits one person into the signing line (with the exception of an adult with their child). Guests may purchase multiple books, and with each book purchased from Red Balloon, one item from home will be allowed to be signed. Thank you for your support of our indie bookstore!
There are 3 ways to pre-purchase HOLLOW EARTH:
- Visit us in the store to pay in person. (See our store hours.)
- Call us at 651-224-8320 to pay over the phone.
Order online:*Please see update above. Below, enter your quantity of desired books. Click “add to cart.” On the next screen, click “checkout.” Check the box “I would like to pick this order up at the store.” Enter your billing and payment information. In the comments section, indicate that your purchase is for the event. If you are ordering multiple copies for multiple people, please indicate how many signing tickets you will need.
Signing numbers will be assigned by order of purchase, so reserve your copy today! Tickets and books may be picked up at Red Balloon beginning October 30th through the day of the event. Guests may purchase additional copies of HOLLOW EARTH at the event if quantities allow.
- Event will be held at Red Balloon Bookshop in St. Paul at 6:00 pm on Saturday, Nov 3.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive early to park and pick up their tickets and books.
- Signing line forms by assigned number printed on signing ticket. Groups of numbers will be called out to form the line.
- Each ticket admits one person into the signing line, with the exception of an adult with their child.
- John and Carole will sign and personalize (first names only) all copies of the book purchased from Red Balloon Bookshop (you must have the signing ticket).
- For every book purchased from Red Balloon, a guest may bring one item from home to be signed.
- Event details may be subject to unannounced changes.
CAN'T MAKE IT? If you'd like a personalized book but are unable to make the event, please call us at 651-224-8320 to pre-pay and we'll have one or more copies signed and reserved for you or shipped anywhere in the United States.
About HOLLOW EARTH
Imagination matters most in a world where art can keep monsters trapped—or set them free.
Lots of twins have a special connection, but twelve-year-old Matt and Emily Calder can do way more than finish each other’s sentences. Together, they are able to bring art to life and enter paintings at will. Their extraordinary abilities are highly sought after, particularly by a secret group who want to access the terrors called Hollow Earth. All the demons, devils, and evil creatures ever imagined are trapped for eternity in the world of Hollow Earth—trapped unless special powers release them.
The twins flee from London to a remote island off the west coast of Scotland in hopes of escaping their pursuers and gaining the protection of their grandfather, who has powers of his own. But the villains will stop at nothing to find Hollow Earth and harness the powers within. With so much at stake, nowhere is safe—and survival might be a fantasy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -