Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things (Sneaky Books #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Sneaky Books series.
- #2: Sneakier Uses for Everyday Things (Sneaky Books #2) (Paperback): $10.99
- #3: Sneakiest Uses for Everyday Things: How to Make a Boomerang with a Business Card, Convert a Pencil into a Microphone and more (Sneaky Books #3) (Paperback): $10.99
- #4: Sneaky Book for Boys: How to perform sneaky magic tricks, escape a grasp, craft a compass, and more (Sneaky Books #4) (Paperback): $11.99
- #5: The Sneaky Book for Girls: How to Perform Sneaky Magic Tricks, Escape a Grasp, Use Sneaky Codes and more (Sneaky Books #5) (Paperback): $11.99
- #6: Sneaky Green Uses for Everyday Things: How to Craft Eco-Garments and Sneaky Snack Kits, Create Green Cleaners, and more (Sneaky Books #6) (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Sneaky Science Tricks: Perform Sneaky Mind-Over-Matter, Levitate Your Favorite Photos, Use Water to Detect Your Elevation (Sneaky Books #7) (Paperback): $10.99
- #8: Super Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things: Power Devices with Your Plants, Modify High-Tech Toys, Turn a Penny into a Battery, and More (Sneaky Books #8) (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: Sneaky Math: A Graphic Primer with Projects: Ace the Basics of Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus with Everyday Things (Sneaky Books #9) (Paperback): $12.99
Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things is a valuable resource for transforming ordinary objects into the extraordinary. With over 80 solutions and bonus applications at your disposal, you will be ready for almost any situation.
Do you know how to make something that can tell whether the $20 bill in your wallet is a fake? Or how to generate battery power with simple household items? Or how to create your own home security system? Science-savvy author Cy Tymony does. And now you can learn how to create these things and more than 40 other handy gadgets and gizmos in Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things. More than a simple do-it-yourself guide, this quirky collection is a valuable resource for transforming ordinary objects into the extraordinary. With over 80 solutions and bonus applications at your disposal, you will be ready for almost any situation. Included are survival, security, self-defense, and silly applications that are just plain fun. You'll be seen as a superhero as you amaze your friends by:
* Transforming a simple FM radio into a device that enables you to eavesdrop on tower-to-air conversations.
* Creating your own personalized electronic greeting cards.
* Making a compact fire extinguisher from items typically found in a kitchen pantry.
* Thwarting intruders with a single rubber band.
By using run-of-the-mill household items and the easy-to-follow instructions and diagrams within, you'll be able to complete most projects in just a few minutes. Whether you use Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things as a practical tool to build useful devices, a fun little fantasy escape, or as a trivia guide to impress friends and family, this book is sure to be a reference favorite for years to come.
About the Author
Cy Tymony has been creating homemade inventions since childhood. He has appeared on CNN Headline News, ABC's Chicago Morning Show, and NPR's Science Friday with Ira Flatow, and he has been featured in the Chicago Tribune and Future Life magazine. Cy is a technical writer and computer specialist in Los Angeles, California.