ABAP Cookbook: Programming Recipes for Everyday Solutions (Hardcover)
Are you an aspiring ABAP cook looking for professional ABAP recipes? Or are you already the executive chef in your ABAP kitchen, just looking for new ideas? Either way, you will find classic and new recipes in ABAP Objects and ABAP/4 for common and specific development tasks in this ABAP Cookbook
This book quickly provides answers to typical ABAP development problems or tasks: persistence programming, interface programming, security and tracing techniques, etc. You'll discover best practices in developing solutions, and you can use this book to broaden your skills and see how to apply ABAP to solve various types of problems. The complexity of the recipes ranges from the simple starter plates to the complex main courses - and some sweet desserts, of course Each chapter is a short tutorial in itself, all organized and consolidated into an easy-to-read format. Many code samples, screenshots, and different icons will help you to follow the best practices provided. Enjoy your ABAP meal
1. Best PracticesLearn best practices for programming and the solutions to both simple and complex programming problems.
2. Programming TechniquesDiscover various techniques for dynamic, database, transactional, persistence, interface, and security programming in ABAP.
3. Comprehensive Approach to Problem SolvingExplore the context of a problem, solution alternatives, and the thought process involved in the development of a solution.
4. Instructive IconsEasily identify quick tips, step-by-step instructions, and warnings, thanks to the use of helpful icons throughout the text.
5. Numerous Examples and Source CodesExplore coding examples in every chapter, as well as two source code bundles that you can install on your local AS ABAP system.
- String Processing Techniques
- Working with Numbers, Dates, and Bytes
- Dynamic and Reflective Programming
- ABAP and Unicode
- Working with Files
- Database Programming
- Transactional Programming
- XML Processing in ABAP
- Interacting with the ICF
- Web Services
- Sending E-Mails Using BCS
- Programming for Security
- Logging and Tracing
- Interacting with the Operating System
- Inter-process Communication
- Parallel and Distributed Processing with RFCs