Red Balloon Bookshop is Hiring!
Thank you for your interest in working at Red Balloon Bookshop. We are always excited to receive applications from people who are energetic and friendly, have a passion for books, love working with people (especially children!) and have the desire to deliver excellent customer service. Red Balloon is a small organization where everyone has an important role.
We currently have one open position:
Job Title: School and Institutional Sales Coordinator
Position Type: 20 - 40 hours / week (more hours during the school year, fewer hours in the summer)
Starting Pay: Pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
Start Date: Preferred mid - end of April
Red Balloon is looking for an individual who is energized, highly organized, and self-directed to serve as our School and Institutional Sales Coordinator. Our bookstore manages a high volume of sales to our school and institutional partners. The person in this position would work with those businesses and organizations to fulfill their book needs.
This individual must have a knowledge and passion for children’s books, love working with people (especially children and educators!) and have the desire to deliver excellent customer service.
Candidates applying for this position must have the following skills and characteristics:
- A positive and professional attitude
- Good knowledge of children’s books
- Strong communication skills with customers and staff
- Ability to keep track of and respond to a high volume of emails in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask and adapt
- Ability to learn and work with technology including our POS and Google spreadsheets
- Flexibility and desire to work extra bookselling shifts when needed
- Physically able to lift 40 lb. boxes, walk up and down stairs, and shelve books
- Willing to assist in other areas of the bookstore as needed
- Able to follow our store Covid protocols, including our requirement that staff members be vaccinated
- Previous work in bookstores, the book industry or schools a plus
- Fostering relationships with current customers and identify opportunities to gain new customers
- Taking responsibility for seeing that school and institutional orders are processed quickly and accurately from start to finish
- Marketing the store to potential customers
- Working with the bookkeeper on all accounting issues that relate to institutional sales
- Make title suggestions and create suggested title lists
- Retail Bookselling as needed
This is an hourly position with the potential to add hours and responsibilities. Benefits include earned PTO, Simple IRA (optional), and a generous employee discount.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a letter of intent and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Red Balloon.
Red Balloon Bookshop is a locally owned independent bookstore that has connected people of all ages with great children’s literature for over 35 years.
Red Balloon Bookshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.