Red Balloon is so excited to welcome New York Times bestselling author Marissa Meyer to the Twin Cities to celebrate her contemporary YA rom-com, With A Little Luck! Marissa Meyer will be joined in conversation by romance novelist, Abby Jimenez!
**UPDATE: As of Tuesday, February 6, Abby Jimenez will no longer be able to join Marissa Meyer in conversation. Marissa will now chat with a teen book expert from the Roseville Library!
Jude is determined to fly under the radar. He just wants to draw his comics, host regular D&D nights with his friends, work at his parents’ vinyl record store, and escape high school as unscathed as possible. That is, until the night he comes across a mysterious twenty-sided dice and finds himself inexplicably gifted with a bout of supernatural good luck.
Celebrate love in all its forms this Valentine's Day Eve with your fellow fans and the author who brought you The Lunar Chronicles and Instant Karma. Formal attire and/or cosplay are, of course, strongly encouraged! There will be themed activities, audience Q&A, and a chance to have your books signed by Marissa Meyer.
TO ATTEND: This event is free and open to the public, but registration helps us know how many seats we'll need! You can register for free through February 13, 4:00pm using the buttons at the bottom of this page.
A signing ticket is required to enter the signing line. You can acquire a signing ticket in two ways:
- Advance signing tickets may be obtained by purchasing With A Little Luck by Marissa Meyer through Red Balloon Bookshop. Preorder the book below and indicate in your order comments that you plan to attend the event on February 13. Please order your books before the end of the day on Monday, February 12. Books will be picked up at will call. Tickets and books will also be available for purchase at the event, though advance purchase is recommended.
- Signing tickets will also be handed out at the door to guests who arrive at the event with a copy of With A Little Luck.
SIGNING GUIDELINES: Following the presentation and Q&A, guests are invited to meet Marissa Meyer and have their books signed. Guests will be called up to meet in the following order:
- Guests who order With A Little Luck in advance of the event on February 13. Please order your books before the end of the day on Monday, February 12.
- Guests who purchase With A Little Luck at the event from Red Balloon Bookshop.
- Guests who arrive at the door with a copy of With A Little Luck.
Marissa will personalize copies of With A Little Luck plus one additional book of the guest's choice. Other books can be signed, but not personalized. Marissa will sign books for as long as people are willing to wait in line.
PHOTOS: Guests can take photos with Marissa, but in the interest of time we ask that guests do not go around to the back of the signing table.
LOCATION: Red Balloon is excited to partner with the Ramsey County Library to host this event at the Roseville Library, 2180 Hamline Ave North, Roseville, MN, 55113.
ACCESSIBILITY: If you have a disability or medical condition and have questions about or need specific accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-224-8320. We want to help ensure your evening is smooth and enjoyable.
Have other questions or concerns? Read our Author Event FAQs!
Marissa Meyer is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Gilded, the Lunar Chronicles series, the New York Times bestselling Renegades trilogy, as well as the graphic novel Wires and Nerve: Vol. 1 and 2 and The Lunar Chronicles Coloring Book. Her first stand-alone novel, Heartless, was also a #1 New York Times bestseller and her rom-com debut, Instant Karma, was also a New York Times bestseller and a #1 Indie bestseller. She is also the creator and host of the podcast The Happy Writer. She lives in Tacoma, Washington, with her husband and their two daughters.
Abby Jimenez is a Food Network winner, USA Today and New York Times best-selling author, and recipient of the 2022 Minnesota Book Award for her novel Life's Too Short. Abby founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international following. Abby loves a good romance, coffee, doglets, and not leaving the house.