Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the Young Authors Conference (lovingly, YAC) was a one-day field trip that took place at the Bethel University main campus in March and May. Students attended a keynote address and interactive writing sessions led by local authors and writing professionals.
This year (2020-2021), the Young Authors Conference is going online!
2020-2021 Theme: Words Have Power
Words and stories hold tremendous power: they spark imagination, inspire confidence, help heal, honor family, show gratitude, demonstrate kindness, and share truth.
From October to May, Virtual YAC will feature unique content each month, including:
- Two recorded and one live session led by professional writers. Live session will be recorded and posted;
- Q&A with local writers that is topic-specific (for example, developing characters, sports writing, dialogue, the writing life);
- Weekly blog featuring videos created by members of the Minnesota writing community sharing their creative writing passions, tips and tricks, and highlighting new and bestselling YA and children titles;
- Teacher/Parent Resource – Virtual Book Club with Desdamona, Spoken Word Artist and performer (new book featured each month);
- Space for SBC to feature the work of our young writers (online writing gallery curated by SBC).
For full details, visit the Success Beyond the Classroom website.
To shop books by each month's featured authors, click below.
SBC gets a percentage of the sales made through the YAC—for your purchase to count, use code YAC2020 at checkout.